- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 2 celery ribs, diced small
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 (8-inch) gluten-free or grain-freetortillas
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups guacamole
- 6 cups baby arugula or baby greens
- 3 cups chopped chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 6 lime wedges
- 8 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Brush tortillas on both sides with olive oil. Place them in the oven on the rack and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- To make the lemon dressing, in a glass bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt, and mix well. Set aside.
- Make the tomato salsa and guacamole. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
- To make bean salsa, in a bowl, combine the beans, red and yellow peppers, celery, scallions, jalapeno, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt an dpepper to taste and cilantro. Mix well. If you have the time, cover and let sit in the refrigerator for an hour; it will bring out the many layers of flavors. Any leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
When you are ready to serve, drizzle 3 tablespoons of lemon dressing over the arugula or baby greens and mix well. Place on tortilla on each plate. Spread 2 tablespoons of guacamole over each tortilla. Add 1/2 cup of bean salsa toward the middle of the tortilla. Add 1 cup of arugula or greens over the bean salsa. Top with 1/2 cup chopped chicken, as much of the tomato salsa as you like and 2 tablespoons of Monterey jack (more if desired). Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs and diced jalapeno. Serve with lime wedges.